Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Picture Paints A 1,000 Words

Day 1 - December 1, 2012 (okay...I know I am bit late here)

Prompt from Think Kit by SmallBox: Did one photo encapsulate your year? Maybe it takes a gallery.  Go out and take a new one that represents your year if you need to.  Let's see those photos.



We are now a family of four.  When I was pregnant with Miles, I had panic attacks about how I was going to juggle two wee ones. And while there are definitely times when I fail to keep the balls in the air, there are also flashes when our little crew appears to be a well oiled machine.  Photos help capture those precious, often fleeting, moments.

These three pictures capture our year at it's bests...in moments of serenity.  And they show some of my favorite characteristics in our clan.  My husband is a truly amazing and fun dad, our dog is a constant companion, our daughter is a darling independent spirit, and our new little guy is a flexible newborn.


Sure those same characteristics can cause frustration.  Sometimes Andy playing electric guitar is not how I want to start a lazy Sunday.  There are days when Abraham following me from room to room makes me want to scream.  Ramona is often saying, "No, Mama," so that she can explain her own way of doing things. And since my flexible little guy naps mostly attached to me in the Ergo, it also means that I carry him more hours than not.

But these pictures help me to pause and remember that these are the reasons that I love these people more than I could ever say.  If my kids grow to love music and laughter, it will be because of Andy. If I ever need to curl up on the couch for a nap, it will be with Abraham.  If I learn that my way is not the only way, it will be because of Ramona.  And if I need a reminder of why being a mom is the best thing I have done to date, I will just look down into the pouch that holds my Miles and he will smile back at me.


1 comment:

  1. you (and your well-oiled machine of a family) are fantastic! you are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete